So our really good friends Matt & Kristi came up for the weekend. I must say they must be really, really good friends because frankly before I had kids spending a weekend with a couple and their 3 active little ones wouldn't have exactly appealed much to me....but they come up every couple of months so it must be their love for kids...or maybe they just really like us.....
Anyway....we had a great time....we decided to go up to Leavenworth. It is all lit up for Christmas and it is a short 1 hour drive. We left around 4....well it started snowing so it took us an hour and a half....not too bad....then the little town was packed...we decided to eat....that took a long wait.....then we walked around town. I was carrying Karis and slipped and fell on the ice...flat on my back but managed to sacrifice my own body...she was just fine. I however am rather sore. And after it happened I almost "pulled a Rachael" (some of you will know what I am referring to).
After walking around and seeing a few of the shops we decided we had had enough. Kristi's feet were very, very cold and sore. So we decided to head back home....this time it took over 2 hours!! And the girls who would usually be out didn't sleep! Avery instead screamed....and she can scream. It was not exactly fun. Kristi and I were crammed in the way back with children's Christmas music blaring in our ears, heat practically burning our skin alternating between being freezing cold because we had no control over the heat, our bottoms were sore as we were crammed between a car seat, the girls were constantly needing something (more water, food, blankets, etc.).
Then we noticed the guys seemed just fine, chatting about sports, sitting comfortably in the front finishing off the caramel corn that Kristi and I had made earlier that day. Oh to be a guy.....Scott did inform me if the roads weren't so bad he would have gladly had me drive...it would have been much easier than listen to me declare, "This was a mistake, what were we thinking, we could have driven to Bellevue Square and at least gone to Nordstrom, We could be to Portland by now, it's hot, it's cold...etc. etc." I will say I now have a new found compassion for Hailey who usually sits in the back complaining...maybe now I will listen!
All in all it was a great weekend with the Craigs and we can't wait for them to come back soon! And to make it even better Heidi came by on Sunday with little Gabriel. He now outweighs Avery!! He is so cute and so happy and she is a fabulous Mom. It was great to spend time with her but it makes me miss her even more!
4 comments:
I'm glad the "Rachael" was only an almost. The pics look like you're having fun at least.
Wow, that story was even great the second time! Like I said Abby you are in a league of your own with all you can handle and all you do in life. It's truly amazing! You are a fabulous wife, mom, and friend! And a great example for me to attain to... although I think I learned my lesson in taking a road trip to Leavenworth with three little ones!
It was sooooo great seeing you. It makes me miss you more too! :)
Sounds like you had fun and I hope that you are not too sore!
It was another memorable visit. We love you guys! Has Karis ate all the blondies yet?
Post a Comment