So these moments with Karis used to occur daily, then weekly, and now I have noticed not as often. I never thought I would see the day where it was quiet in the house and Karis wasn't involved with water, pudding, Vaseline, sanitary supplies, make-up, paint, or a number of other things and using them to create some sort of mess. Well today it was a little quiet but I didn't follow my instinct and go check right away. Well when I did check this is what I saw....hair full of hand soap, water everywhere, and Karis innocently looking at me and saying, "I didn't mean to Mom." Umhm....didn't mean to...anyway since the events are less frequent I thought it was funny and decided to photograph her.
I love our church secretary Trish. She has 5 kids who are high-school age so she has really good perspective. In fact for my dose of sanity all I need to do is walk in the church office. She and Joanne our other secretary greet me with big smiles, hand the girls candy, and laugh at their antics. But Trish always offers so much encouragement, "You're a great mom....you're doing great...." And then she says with a big smile, "And I'm so glad they're yours and mine are all in school."
So last night after church she was in meeting her daughters who had done childcare and we were picking our girls up. Karis was dancing in a circle with no shoes and socks on. Trish helped find the shoes and socks and put them on her. Then Karis proceeded to a large fan and started to stick something in it. Scott stopped her. Then she ran and turned off the lights. Then she ran over and tried to stick something in an electrical socket. Trish stopped her. Then she ran toward the fire alarm....Scott picked her up. Trish just kept smiling and said, "Oh Every family needs one like this, she is just precious, and I'm so happy for you- that she's yours." She didn't add the "and not mine" but I think that's what she was getting at..... Anyway we do love Karis....life just would be so boring without her and God knew I am easily bored when He blessed us with her!
8 comments:
I love hearing these stories!
She really looks like Hailey in those pictures
I was thinking the same thing. She does look like Hailey. Funny story, Abby. Your patience is amazing.
Great story Abby! We're going to have you on Speed Dial when the time comes...
I wonder if Ben and Andrea have an announcement they would like to make? Espically with the interest in a mini van?
oh gosh- we're leaving people with the wrong idea. We're just planners. We would hope to be making announcements sometime in 2009 or 2010.
With Karis - it's never a dull moment - but that's one of the things I like best about her mom as well.
It reminds me when I came to visit and Karis got into the diaper cream or vaseline on her change table...
I showed Ella the second pic of Karis and asked her who it was and she said Hailey.
Post a Comment