Monday, January 28, 2008

UGGHHH....



That about describes this past week and weekend. Scott took on the huge job of remodeling....pictures will come when it is finished....it took way longer than anticipated......and then we all got a nasty stomach virus. I actually threw up at my friend's baby shower! It was mortifying.....I made it to the bathroom and then quickly left to go home...thankfully another friend had drove and kindly drove me home. So we had a long weekend of throwing up, doing lots of laundry, and trying to take care of 3 girls while feeling very ill and remodeling. Not the best weekend of our lives. We are all doing better now.....
Well what are these pictures of then? Well even when I am sick I get really bored if we aren't doing anything so I organized (again) all the girl's doll clothes. However this time I took a photo of each outfit, shoes, and accessories and taped it to the box so the girls (and Scott and the babysitter and whoever else is helping clean the room at that time- I love the outfits so much that I didn't need a photo) can put the clothes away correctly.
Hailey is all for it.....so when Karis happily started mixing and matching outfits this morning it resulted in some tears.
Hailey: " Karis.....they are all organized and you are messing it up...AAHHH...I am so frustrated....Mommy and I organized it all and those tights don't go with that outfit!"
Karis: Continues happily humming to herself as she unloads several different outfits
Hailey: Falls to the floor sobbing
Karis: "Well I want the purple tights and the ballet outfit." she nonchalantly says not at all affected by the tears.
Before it got too dramatic I intervened and assured Hailey I would help reorganize it later tonight....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know exactly how Hailey feels! Each outfit must have the accessories that go with it, or it just feels wrong. Brent, however, is more like Karis!

Heidi C said...

Abby, you never cease to amaze me... during a weekend of stomach flu you seem to get more done that I do with a week of feeling great! You amaze me. BTW, loved the pics and story antics of Karis. She is a crack up!