Then I made the girls Breakfast Smoothies. Strawberries, bananas, a little smoothie mix, and some milk make for a tasty breakfast treat!
After breakfast Karis begged to do the dishes! So I let her. She had a wonderful time and actually did a great job with hardly any mess! Maybe this will be her new job around here!
Avery spent a lot of time in the ergo-carrier. I wanted to get a pic so I stood in front of the mirror to take one! If you don't know what an ergo is I highly recommend it!! (Thanks Monica for talking me into it!) We bought it a few months ago and it is a lifesaver. It distributes the baby's weight so well that it is really comfortable. Avery has literally spent hours at a time in it and I was hardly sore. I can make the bed, do the dishes, and basically anything I need to. She can be on the front, back or side and it holds up to 35 pounds! I have even put Karis in it. It is great for those whiny days when all they want is to be held. You can actually hold them and get things done. Plus I really believe it helps with behavior- cuts down on clinginess, they bond with you, they aren't destroying things, and babies who are carried more throughout the day sleep really well too! So there's my 2 cents on baby-wearing.....
After getting ready for the day we went to one of the girl's favorite places- The Children's Museum. Now I won't lie...our little museum is nothing like the Portland or Seattle ones but the girls still love it! And I usually meet a friend or two there and then we usually run into several other people so it becomes a great big play-date. The kids have a blast...hardly any fighting because everything belongs to the museum.... The great thing about living in the Berg is it is kind of like being at college....you start to recognize everyone around town....especially those with kids. In fact I started chatting with someone today and thought she must be new in town because I had never met her! Nope...she's been here longer than me but she has BOYS....that would be why our paths never cross!
The girls spend almost all their time at the museum in the little kitchen. They love it. They did venture into the pirate room for a few minutes but continued to play "mom and baby" which is what they always play. The pirate ship became a fishing boat and they were just catching dinner to fix. AHH....the life of girls...I love it! 

5 comments:
Katie and I were just talking yesterday about a Children's Museum and were wondering if the Yakima one was any good? do you know. Sounds like you had fun. I may have to try out your new carrier on Monday and see if Roc likes it, as he is so heavy in the bjorn these days.
Those smoothies sound yummy! And the children's museum looks like a lot of fun.
Thanks for a peek into your life. Are you still liking the non-soccer-mom hair?
I was wondering how the children's museum was in Ellensburg. I've been to the one in Portland but that's about it. Maybe I'll try it with the kids!
Thanks for your suggestion on the Ergo Baby Carrier! I'm looking to get the black & green one myself....just like yours! It definitely matches our Duck spirit well! Go Ducks! ;)
Post a Comment