So Karis is my early morning girl....she is usually up between 6:30 and 7:00. Avery sleeps until around 8 and Hailey around 9!! Anyway Karis and I get some great one-on-one time in the morning. She always gets up and comes and sits on my lap while I am reading my Bible. Then we make hot chocolate. Today she wanted me to read to her again the Easter story. She is fascinated with it...especially the part where Jesus dies. It is really sad to her and I often wonder how much of it I should read but we have a children's version that is pretty tame. So today we are reading it and she looks at the Roman soldiers and says, "They look really stressed out." Then she says, "Now I want to see the part where Jesus is naked on the cross. Why is He naked?" She can't understand that. I try to explain that they were trying to humiliate him (and he isn't totally naked).
Then she brings up Scott's mom. It is so sad. She passed away almost 6 years ago so the girls never got to meet her. In fact a few months ago when Karis asked Scott where his mommy was and he told her she started sobbing and saying, "Why does Daddy need his Mommy?" It was a long night....sad for Scott and us and also trying to explain life and death to a very sensitive 3 year old. So anyway.....Scott's mom lives on here because we talk about her so much....thanks to Karis and her many questions.
On a lighter note...she wanted to help unload the dishwasher. She gathered up all the plastic plates...then I asked her to put the sippy cups away. Here is the conversation:
K: I don't want to put away the sippy cups.
Me: Sometimes when you want to help you have to help with things that aren't quite as fun.
K: I only want to do the fun things.....for crying out loud!
Well.....at least she's honest......and as I type this she is singing to herself "Happy Birthday to Mama- oh its not Mama's Birthday....Happy Birthday to pretend Mama....." What a girl!
4 comments:
She is such a sweet and unique girl! I love watching all the kids grow up and develop their personalities. Love you Karis!
That Karis is quite the character...I love hearing the things she comes up with. :)
Cute, what a girl. Ella was singing Happy Birthday too the other day, she and Karis must have been talking about birthdays.
OK those are hilarious!!!
Post a Comment