
As requested here is Hailey in her new swimming suit. And yes she does have underwear on her head in the middle photo. Why? Because she is oh so 5. I think it must be a very silly age. I totally go back and forth on the whole swim suit thing. Her first suit was a two piece and it was so cute. But we vowed it would be the last. Then she turned 2 and Gymboree had the cutest little 2 pieces- so we bought it for her. Then I started to think maybe she should only wear a 1 piece because of all the sickos out there. So in public I mostly have her wear a 1 piece. But around family and friends I figure it is OK. Except for the problem I have with the sexualzation (is that a word?) of little girls. I hate how so many clothes for little girls look like they belong on a rock star or something. But I do think this suit is really cute and for goodness sake she is just a little girl so what does it matter? Or maybe it does. Can you tell I am still in a quandary over this? Opinions?
8 comments:
Ella used to love to wear underwear around her head and neck, she has not done this lately though. The suit is cute, but I think I am sticking with a one piece for Ella.
The middle photo is hilarious...it is hard for me to imagine that silly side of Hailey but I'm sure you and Scott see it often. As for a two piece...I personally don't think it is a big deal especially since she is just wearing it around friends and family. It may be different if you were entering her in pageants where she was around a bunch of strangers. Then again, I don't have kids yet so I may change my mind when that time comes....who knows. I think it's cute though. :)
I think that suit is soooo cute!! I think there is a difference between swimsuits that have that "grown-up" look and a cute little two piece. I personally like tankinis, but I think you made a cute choice! :)
I think it's the best option for getting a great tan! If she's anything like her mother she'll want to spend all summer being a "bathing beauty"!!
She looks so cute Abby!
I have problems finding clothes for the girls too, Old Navy is cheep but some of the 5 year old clothes belong on a 18year old! I just decided if I wouldn't let her wear it at 13 I won't let her wear it now, that way the rules never change on her and I won't have to explain too much later. Bu tI do go back and forth too!
Just thinking anead.....will it be okay to wear a two piece when she is a teenager? "But they (the boys) are just FRIENDS, MOOOOOM!" Hmmmmmm........
Great advice everyone! Thanks. And I think I am OK with a two-piece as a teen (as long as it is fairly modest). But I agree...I shouldn't let her wear something now that I wouldn't as a teen....
My comment is delayed, but I was not allowed to wear two piece swimsuits (as I'm sure the former Melhorn girls can relate to) and now I try to find the sluttiest swimsuit possible. You should check out my new sexy suit.
Post a Comment