


So today started out not so good. It actually started yesterday when for the first time in Avery's life she didn't nap! She was in bed for an hour and a half and never fell asleep. Just kept chatting to herself. So she got up and boy was she a crank! I almost put her back to bed but figured it wasn't worth it at that point. So this morning she wakes up at 6!! What? She almost always sleeps until 8. I gave her some Tylenol and hoped she'd go back to sleep. She is getting the 4 teeth next to the eye teeth in (her last ones!! besides the 2 year molars) so I figured that was making her not sleep.
Well around 7 she started yelling, "Mommy" so I guess she never went back to sleep. I got her up and OH my was she cranky. Every time I put her down she cried. She wouldn't eat. I was praying out loud for patience. The girls know its bad when I pray out loud. And the other two were up at 6:30! Thankfully their moods were OK. So I thought we should quickly get out of the house. That usually helps on hard mornings.
I was excited because it was a Mops day so I figured it would improve. I took the girls to Albertsons and was just about to let them pick out a donut when Avery threw up all over!! I mean all over...I had to strip her down right there because she was soaked. Of course the girls still wanted their donut so I let them get one and we quickly left. I then declared we weren't going to Mops....Hailey started crying and begging to go not understanding that we couldn't expose half the children of Ellensburg to whatever Avery had. All I could think was, "Please don't let this be the flu...we've already had it twice!!"
So we came home. Avery's mood was much better and the girls and I worked for a long time on beads. We were trying to make a thing for their ceiling to hang down. It is hard to explain...I should have taken a picture. Then I decided to make dough. I love making dough. And a restaurant here has a delicious roll called the Heavenly loaf which I thought I would try to duplicate. It basically looks like a cinnamon roll but with cheese and garlic and herbs instead of cinnamon and sugar. It turned out great!
Then I let each girl have her own dough to do whatever they wanted. They were thrilled...who doesn't like to play with dough! So they used their little baking dishes and made cinnamon rolls and they did great! It was a huge mess but not too bad....and it made a dull day much better! And the good news is Avery has acted fine so I am hoping she isn't sick. She is sleeping now and hasn't thrown up. Pray she doesn't anymore and that the rest of us don't either. I should be folding laundry so I better go work on that now.
4 comments:
can you post the cheesy roll recipe? They look so good.
How, do you have time to post so much, I barely get to sit!
The rolls look great. I want the cheesy recipe too! I have been wanting to make cinnamon rolls since Hannah did, I guess I should get on it. So where are Avery's rolls?
yes now you're making my mouth water - you must post the recipe!
Yummmmmm
Post a Comment