Monday, April 28, 2008

Teacher For The Day

So I was reminded today why I am a stay-at-home mom and not a teacher anymore. Hailey's teacher had to be gone so she asked me if I could teach today. It was fun but my heart is just not in it anymore! It was great to see Hailey in action and see her with her friends but it sure isn't something I want to do everyday! All those little kids surrounding me and chatting me up...it's exhausting. And besides as soon as we got in the car Hailey informed me that I did a lot of it wrong! But she has changed her tune and is saying how much fun it was and that she wants me to do it again. OK gotta run.....Karis is feeding Gracie popcorn seeds......

7 comments:

KELLY said...

My computer is back up and running and on back on the blog bandwagon!

Totally forgot you were a teacher...want to come be "teacher for the day" in my room???? I could use a day off. FYI-I've got quite the "handful" this year. :)

Melissa said...

I've subbed occasionally this year, and I know what you mean. It's exhausting! Our original plan was that I would go back to teaching when the kids were all school age. I don't know if I have it in me to do it. I'm afraid I wouldn't have anything left for Mark and the kids after teaching all day every day!

Anonymous said...

I bet it was fun to see Hailey in her classroom!

Anonymous said...

Read my swimsuit comment. Teaching exhausting... whatever do you mean?

Becky said...

I could never be a teacher, so way to go Abby!

Monica said...

You're probably just out of shape...like any sport. Do it for a week and I'm sure you'd be back to your top form. : ) (Not that you'd want to.)

Amber and Nala said...

That is so neat that you got the chance to be in Hailey's class. So, did Gracie make it through the popcorn kernel incident??:) Leave it to Karis!