Well it started out by giving her beloved "fices" to the cashier at Fred Meyer in exchange for a Leapster. Friday was very hard...lots of tears....bedtime was quite sad. Scott stayed with her and rubbed her back until she fell asleep. But yesterday and today have gone great! She has hardly asked for it at all and actually been less whiny....she was always whining for me to go find her fice. It was fun..I would be busy cooking dinner or changing Avery and she would start in her loud passionate voice, "I want my fiiiiiccccceee.....can you find it for me?" This would go on until I found the fice....so needless to say that has been nice...not having to search for it...
Then she got her hair cut!! Doesn't it look cute? After that we went on a date to the Dairy Queen for ice cream...which she ate a few bites of and then declared she would rather have fries. So I ate ice-cream and she had fries...
And then her dream came true....I took she and Hailey to the Children's Theater production of Cinderella! She wore her Cinderella dress, striped socks and black shoes. After the show I told the stage guy that it would be her dream come true if she could get her picture with Cinderella....so he arranged it!! She ran up on stage just beaming and got her picture taken with Cinderella!! What a happy girl she was. Of course Hailey kept saying, "Now Mom...was that the REAL Cinderella?" "Was that a REAL Cinderella or just a pretend one?" Thankfully Karis was too star-struck to notice......
5 comments:
Karis looks so tickled up there with Cinderella! Glad to hear the battle of the fice is almost over. And I totally laughed at the comment on Ben's post! He hasn't asked yet... but I'm sure he'll get a chuckle over it.
She looks so cute! I love her hair.
Very fun! We took Anya to her first "show" last month--Northwest Children's Theatre Production of Disney's Beauty and the Beast. The first act was scary, what with the wolves and all, but by intermission Anya thought she should be on stage too! Of course, I did not plan ahead and bring a camera to capture her with Belle (I'm sure that NEVER happens to you!). Anyway, she has not stopped talking about the show since. We have plans to go to their next big production in March; this time we're taking her 3 cousins as our Christmas gift to them.
Oh...and congrats on the FICE, and the cute hair.
Cute. I should see if they have something like that here. Is Ella old enough? I like the hair.
That is too cute. Cinderella is Delia's FAVORITE right now, she sings all day long and pretends that the birds dress her each morning, I cant imagine meeting her! Karis is one lucky girl!
Katie m.
Post a Comment