Sunday, January 6, 2008

Two Reasons I Need To Watch What I Say

So very, very rarely I get frustrated with our precious little puppy and have very, very occasionally whispered under my breath, "Stupid dog". PETA please don't come and get me, that is as far as the abuse goes.....

Apparently I was louder than I intended because I heard Karis say the other day in her sweet little Karis voice (those that know and love her know exactly what I am referring to-she has this really cute, little voice) "Oh that stookin dog". OOPs....and then as I was changing Avery and she was screaming Hailey says, "Oh that stupid child". OH NO! I said, "Hailey we don't talk like that." To which she responded, "Well you do Mom...you say 'stupid dog'." OH dear- what have I done!!

I considered threatening time-outs if they said it again. They occasionally have to make a trip to the stairs and sit there for the number of minutes per age. However I figured the biggest offender would be me...and I really don't want to sit on the stairs for 33 minutes....on 2nd thought.....that might be kind of relaxing...."Stupid dog!" Off I go....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Abby in timeouts. This ought to be good.

Amber and Nala said...

Abby....I just love your blog and this post especially made me laugh! :)