
Weekend Highlights:
Friday night- Scott got home after being gone all week! I went out with some friends to the Tav for hamburgers and then to the Woman's Tea at church. How ironic...
Saturday- We went to Yak to celebrate Emmett's First Birthday!! It was lots of fun and look how cute he is! He had his pictures professionally done and aren't they fantastic?!
Saturday Evening- We raced home, left the girls with one of our babysitters, and headed to our friends Carrie and Freddies for our first dinner club. What's a dinner club you might ask? Well it is a great idea. Carrie asked 4 other couples to join. We will meet every 6 weeks at someone's house. There is a theme...the host prepares the main dish and an appetizer and everyone else brings a side dish. Last night it was Mexican and the food was delicious! Plus we got to meet some new couples and get to know others better. It was a great time. Then we played 2 truths and a lie. Just for fun I will post what I shared and you try and guess which one was the lie. Go ahead....and guess in the comments.
Today- The girls and I made these cupcakes. Here (scroll down a bit) is what they are really supposed to look like. Let me just say these took forever and if you aren't real detail-oriented I wouldn't advice making them. I am not one to spend lots of time on things so that is why they don't look as cute as they could. But oh well the girls had fun and they taste good!
Guess which one is the lie:
1. I ran over an apple tree and even uprooted it 3 weeks after I got my driver's license.
2. I went cliff-jumping at the Smith River, fell and hit my head and was air-lifted to the hospital where I was in a coma for a week.
3. On a mission trip in high school some boys put a fake snake in a friend's bed. We went screaming out of the room and in my terror I peed my pants and slipped in it so I was laying in a pool of my own pee while the other girls were asking, "Where did all this water come from?"
15 comments:
I know the lie but I guess it would be cheating if I told-being I am the first one so I will leave it at that....
Oooh-ooh--I'm pretty sure I know this one. I think I heard one of those stories (we shared the same "talent"...I'm blaming that on the gene pool too). I'm pretty sure I would have heard about one of the other stories, and another story just sounds like something that would happen to you.
Two words: "Stationary Objects."
Abby - I know for sure your mission trip story is NOT a lie!!! I love that story! :)
I know the answer to this too, but maybe it's not fair for family to play!
YUM!!! Those cupcakes look great! I actually found the Bakerella blog...is that where you got the idea from? There are some really neat ideas on there. :) I guess you must have found the chocolate bark at Freddy's then??Your girls are so lucky getting to do all of these craft and baking projects with you. I bet they just love it!
Since I have not heard any of these stories from you, I think I can guess.
I would say #2, because the others have such interesting detail and I don't think I could see you jumping from a cliff!
The girls look like they had fun making the cupcakes, thats what's important right?!
Katie myers
(ps is there a way that I dont have to be anonymous every time I comment?)
I know the lie although it isn't a total lie...right? Didn't you just land wrong and end up with huge bruises on the backs of your legs?
I made those pops for the b-day party and really didn't like them, so i didn't serve them!
Katie, if you read this, next time select name/url and just type in your name. (don't worry about the url part!)
Glad you survived the week without Scott. You're an amazing woman. I say#2.
the cliff jumping???
thanks Hannah, I am trying it out!
I'm probably WAY off, but I totally don't see you as the cliff jumping type. Maybe motherhood has calmed you a bit???
My guess would be the one about you being in a coma?! But, who knows!! :)
Love the cupcakes! What a fun idea. :)
cliff jumping??
Post a Comment