Thursday, May 22, 2008

Hailey Graduates!






Well the day has finally come! Hailey graduated from Preschool. I had a lump in my throat yesterday as I drove her to school for the last day. I remember the first day taking her. I wasn't even going to put her in preschool in fact I thought I would "unschool" for the first few years. (Unschooling is this great child-led way of educating where you basically go with the child's interests and do tons of learning activities. Very nontraditional.) Well as Scott and I prayed about it we decided to put her in regular Kindergarten. Since it is all day everyday here I couldn't imagine her going from being home all day with me to Kindergarten all day. Then I was talking with a friend who was raving about I Know I Can Preschool. Some parents get on the waiting list at birth! But there happened to be an opening because someone moved away....so Hailey got in.
It has been an amazing year for her. She has gotten so confident and learned so much. Her teachers were amazing. Graduation was so cute. She said a poem with Larissa and did a great job. However on the way there today she goes, "I don't know all the words to Kindergarten Here We Come but that's OK because I will just copy what the other kids do." I said, "Uh Hailey that would have been good to know before today." But she did just fine. Anyway.....
Gamma and Papa came and brought her a rose which made it even more special. It was a great day!

5 comments:

Jen said...

So cute! I feel like I just took my son to his first day of kindergarten and he'll be in 2nd grade this August. It goes by so fast!!!! Enjoy your summer off!

Anonymous said...

Looks like quite the production! Congrats to Hailey!

Becky said...

Precious! Tell her congratulations from us!

Amber and Nala said...

Congrats to Hailey!

Anonymous said...

So I'm guessing she pass the WASL for preschoolers?