Monday, May 19, 2008

The Weekend


We had a busy weekend as usual. Scott went on a retreat for church on Friday until Saturday. All day Saturday Emma and Sintayehu were at our house so I got to experience what having 5 little girls is like....hmm.....lots of fun and lots of work! Emma and Hailey had a great time with their American Girl Dolls....and were thrilled to discover they even had matching outfits! Sintayehu is a girl like Karis...notice the swimming suit which she wore almost all day, the princess heels and the cell phone. Karis was in heaven having an older girl into the same stuff she is! They had a great time splashing in the "creek" in front of our house. At the end of the day the girls all put on a show for us. It was quite cute!
Yesterday was my favorite day of the weekend because Kate and I went shopping! She needed a new suit for a work conference so we left all the kiddos and headed to Bellevue. She found a couple of suits at great prices and a cute skirt/top combo. She then signed up for a credit card and saved an extra 30% at Macys! What a deal. I helped convince her this was a good idea. Then I almost convinced her to buy a whole new set of Fiestaware dishes!! But she resisted the temptation and put them on her Birthday list. Apparently I am not the only one who changes her mind about the dishes from when she got married!
I bought a cute pair of jeans, a top, and some Bermuda length jeans. Still trying to decide what I will keep. Then we went to PF Changs for a late lunch. It was delicious and so nice to eat in peace without cleaning up messes and cutting up food and then picking it up off the floor! It was a great day full of good conversation and shopping!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute little girls. I'm glad Karis has a friend just like her!

Anonymous said...

You're not keeping everything you bought?! :-)
Took the one suit to Ivonne today for tailoring ... $30 later and it will fit perfectly. Good thing it was a good deal!

I came to your blog after gazing adoringly at Fiesta dinnerware and trying to find the best price!

Kate

Kristi said...

Glad you got to get some mall time in with your friend. You deserved it.

Becky said...

Sounds like a fun weekend, glad you got a good shopping trip in!