Our good friends Kevin and Rachel leave tomorrow for Liberia. They are going to work on Mercy Ships a ship with a hospital that provides free medical care to people who can't afford it. They will be sharing the position of chaplain between the two of them while alternating caring for the boys...Daniel and Zaden. They will be preaching, counseling, and doing a variety of other work. We will miss them so much. The girls will miss playing with the boys and our small group will miss meeting with them each week.
On a funny note...Daniel went out with a bang. Yesterday he refused to wear pants to church! So in classic Rachel and Kevin fashion they brought him in a shirt, shoes, and underwear. Karis who goes to Sunday School with him was in awe. "Daniel just wore underwear to Sunday School! But his Dad brought pants in case he changed his mind." I just hope Karis doesn't decide she is going to do this.....I plan on telling her princesses never go anywhere in just their undies!
We love you Kevin and Rachel and will miss you so much!!! (They will be starting a blog soon so I will put up the link. I like to give myself the credit for inspiring them to blog. If only I could get more to follow.)
1 comment:
What a great ministry for them! It's sad to say goob-bye to friends though! Funny to think that Karis has her soul mate at such a young age. If they got married, the wouldn't have to spend any money on their wardrobe!
Post a Comment