
Well Mother's Day was a great day here! It started with Hailey getting up really early because she wanted to make me breakfast in bed! I knew this was the plan but couldn't possibly stay in bed waiting until all the girls got up so I got up, worked out, made coffee, took a shower, and then went back to bed in my robe! The girls brought me a tray with a flower and a delicious waffle with strawberries and whip cream. Yum-o! Then they gave me some gifts: this beautiful cake that they decorated the day before at Super 1, a card that sings, a frame Hailey made at school with her picture, and a case for my I-Pod and some new headphones/neck thing so I can actually use it easier.
We ended up skipping church because there was no Sunday School and frankly trying to get anything out of the service with Hailey and Karis just doesn't seem to work. However we really do have a plan for this...we just never seem to do it...but we really want to. What we want to do is start by having them go to Sunday School at the 9:30 service while we go to church. Then all of us stay for the 11:00 service and have the girls in with us. That way we can focus on keeping them quiet since we attended the previous service. And they can learn what church really is all about. I have read some about the spiritual formation of children and one of the most important things is them attending church with adults and watching adults worship and learning to sit through a sermon and then talking about what they learned. It just sounds like a lot of work! But we are going to do it starting in the fall I think. I will be sure and blog about it.....
After that we headed up to Yakima and spent the day with family. Lots of kids, food, and chaos! We got my mom a necklace/bracelet/earring combo and she loved it so that was great! It was a great day!
5 comments:
Cute cake! Glad you had a good Mother's Day! :)
What a beautiful cake! The girls look so proud of themselves too.
You are brave about having your kids attend the service with you. Carson will when he is older but Savannah talks way too loud and cannot make it through even the singing. Melanie
What a lovely Mother's Day! That sounds like the perfect combo! You worked out...thereby canceling out all the guilt from cake and such, took a shower so you felt all nice and clean (my favorite feeling, by the way), and then got all comfy again back in bed! Now, why can't we just do that every day...ahhhh. I really like your idea of church. It is very important to include your kids and help them to see you doing what you want them to do. Smart, smart lady. ;)
Sounds like a great day! Love the cake. :)
Post a Comment