Friday, May 2, 2008

I Should Have Been An Ear Doctor

So we just found out Avery has a double ear infection. She usually lays down and goes to bed no problem but last night she cried. So we got her up, rocked her, tried to lay her back down, she would but then start screaming. This went on until almost 11. Then she woke up at 4 crying, then at 7 and basically spent all morning screaming and crying. So I took her in and what do you know....an ear infection. Poor child. And poor parents. I know- really- we shouldn't complain and I know she is in pain but the screaming and crying is so hard to listen to. I feel so bad for her. She is on motrin and tylenol and still seems to be in pain. Pray for some relief for her!

And Hailey just got done with her 3rd infection this year! And she has tubes in! Well she has had 2 different ear infections and tonsilitis. And for her she sees an ear specialist so we have to drive to Yakima each time and then a week later to make sure it is clear. And as long as I am complaining she has to be on super strong drugs so each infection the prescriptions alone cost almost $100 for our portion! So there you have it. Life with little ones...there is literally always something!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

poor thing! hope she feels better soon!

Becky said...

Yes there is always something. I hope she feels better. We were just at the specialist today and Roc has to stay on the allegra as it is helping to keep the fluid away. The Dr. said the less fluid in the nose means less in the ears and less chance of an infection. Have they tried this with Hailey? Also we have a ear pain drop did they give you this for Avery, it seemed to work for Roc.

Anonymous said...

Have you tried Similasan Healthy Relief Earache Relief Ear Drops for earache pain. It truly works!

Melissa said...

Poor thing and poor you! I can so relate. Matthew and Mindy haven't had many ear infections, but Danny has had them quite often. A few weeks ago, he had a double ear infection. The doctor put him on antibiotics plus Vicodin for the pain!

Amber and Nala said...

Ohhh..hope they feel better. It sounds like I am in for some "fun times" when we have kiddos. :)...I am astonished (sort of) by the price of all the meds. Gees...better start saving now!

KELLY said...

Hope the girlies all get feeling better and I hope you get some rest. A tired Mama is no good. Is is just me or has the cold/flu season seemed VERY LONG this year?!?