So I don't know if any of you ever get inspired this way but whenever I am reading books and read the description of their food I get inspired to eat it or make it. Some people are inspired by deep thoughts, some beautiful scenery, but me....the food. So anyway I was reading a book set in Amish country where there is a whole lot of baking going on and Whoopie Pies were being made. Apparently they were given that name because a little Amish child ate one and yelled, "Whoopie!" That just makes me laugh. So anyway I looked online and found the recipe and what do you know....they are enough to make you yell, "Whoopie!" The girls and I have had a great morning baking and eating!
And I am trying to think of a new poll. The one from last week was because I was curious about sunscreen habits. To be perfectly honest I rarely put sunscreen on Hailey and Karis because they tan so quickly. Avery however is so fair so I have been much more diligent. I was putting it on her every hour or so but now realize every couple hours is enough.
We have our dinner club this weekend and the theme is Southern food. So I am trying to decide between making grits or black-eyed peas. Anyway have any of you tried either and what do you prefer?
5 comments:
Those look delicious to me and the name is hilarious! I would have to say that grits are not my fave so I wouldn't be the person to ask. :)
I love grits-had them the other day for breakfast-, but have not had black-eyed peas-at least I don't think i have...
i would just take a plate of whoopie pies...no one will care they're not southern because they look so good!
I actually used to live in Lancaster, Pennsylvania when I was growing up which is Amish Country (no I'm not, nor have I ever been Amish). But my Mom would make Whoopie Pies all the time. Even funnier is that I thought about them the other day as we were shopping. Totally random. Amyway, I also used to live in Kentucky (which qualifies as south) for a number of years and I've had both Grits and Black Eyed Peas. I love them both but if I had to choose I would probably say the Grits - you can put butter and sugar on them and they taste like dessert! Is someone gonna fry up some chicken?
Abby, your food pictures make my mouth water, especially with all my recent food cravings!!! So now I think I'm going to have to make those whoopie pies. Whoopie!!!
Post a Comment