Thursday, February 14, 2008

Baking and Partying





So in preparation for Hailey's big Birthday Bash we did lots of baking yesterday. I let Karis have the beater to lick and then ran to get Avery up. When I came back she was sitting on the kitchen counter licking the beater and dipping it back into the batter!! I am hoping all the germs are magically baked away.....I won't say if this was the school cupcakes, the Strawberry Shortcake cupcakes or the family cake that this happened to as not to sway any of my readers who are attending or have children attending any of the functions! Don't worry I don't think she got too much of what she licked back into the batter.


And then to be fair Avery had to have one to lick too! Do you like how I am allowing my baby to eat cereal while licking chocolate batter? She is definatley not my first child....Hailey never would have done this!!
Hailey had her first school Valentines Day party and it was so fun! We wrote her Valentines out and I expected her to do one or two and then get bored but she did all 16! She wrote all of her classmates names and then her name. I was so impressed because when I taught even in 2nd grade sometimes the parents did all the writing. I must have a prodigy on my hands. Just kidding!!
My friend Amy came and watched the little girls and I went to Hailey's party. It was really fun to spend time at school with her without worrying what Karis and Avery were into! She ate snacks with her friends and then they had a cake walk and then opened her Valentines. It was really sweet. Happy Valentines Day Everyone!

4 comments:

Melissa said...

Matthew and Mindy had a party at the Homeschool Alternative yesterday. Matthew wrote his name on his cards, but got tired of folding and putting stickers on them. So, Mindy did them for him!!!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like fun! I miss the days of valentine parties!

Anonymous said...

Abby your girls are soooo cute! It has been along time since I've seen you and your cute family. Looks like you are having lots of fun being a mom.....

Anonymous said...

Fun. Anya did valentines too for all of her classmates for the first time. She insisted on writing the names so would say, "Mommy, can you write a 'k' for me so I can see how you do it?" She signed her name on all of them...sometimes rather creatively. She was quite proud of herself and we had fun.