Sorry this post is going to be out of order. I don't have the patience to learn how to rearrange photos on blogger or text. So here you have it. Our trip to Alberstons resulted in some Amazing Deals! Here are the first....the meat/cheese guy always gives me a great deal. Today I walked in and saw him and asked if he had any good deals for me. He said normally he wouldn't do this for just anyone but for good shoppers like me he would. (Little money saving tidbit...get to know the employees at the grocery store!)So he packaged 3 packages of sausage together and charged me 99 cents total!! That is about 10 dollars worth of sausage. Then he packaged 2 string cheeses together for 99 cents! And then cut off a huge chunk of delicious colby-jack cheese about 5-6 dollars worth and gave it to me for 99 cents! AND he told me if I come back next Tuesday when more cheese is almost to the date he will give me a deal I won't believe! Scott will be quite excited to have some sausage...I am not a fan but he loves it so if you check this at work Honey (which he rarely does-imagine that- he doesn't have time to read my blog!) you can look forward to some sausage this weekend!


OK here are the girls ready to go to Albertsons. I promised them they could pick out their own flavor of juicy-juice if they behaved well. Unfortunealty it wasn't on sale as Becky promised (apparently just at her store it is but she will go get me some she said). The girls handled it really well and Hailey just kept explaining loudly to Karis, "We can't get it...it is not on sale and it is too expensive". Train 'em young!

Oh this is my coupon organizer. As you notice my phone number is on it because I have had a couple lost and then probably stolen so now I am hoping if I leave it someone will call me. It contains hundreds of dollars worth of valuable coupons!!

So we headed out for Albertsons today sure to get some good deals. I was inspired last night while talking to Becky and she reminded me about the website
http://www.boodle.com/ which has coupons you can print out. Well Albertsons has several items for sale that boodle has coupons for! I thought it would be fun to document the whole trip but I wasn't able to take too many pictures in Alberstons frankly because it was a little embarrassing. They all know me in the store and we make a scene enough soo....I just took a few pics...
Here we are ready to go in our spotlessly clean van...how do I do it I often wonder!


And here we are shopping. Everyone has a cookie. Hailey is still terrified of the cereal aisle (see the bee movie entry if you don't understand) so while we went down that aisle she stayed at the end yelling, "Is it scary Karis?" Karis who likes to tease a bit would say, "Here Hailey let me show you ...I found a beeeee...." To which Hailey would burst into fake tears and yell, "No Karis...don't scare me"....To which I would say, "Girls...shhhh...." and it would go on and on until I was out of the cereal aisle!
At the end of the trip I realized Avery lost a shoe...but Albert the wonderful carry-out man found it and even put it back on her! He loves to see all the girls because he has 4 girls - all grown up so I think we remind him of the good old days!
If you look at the title you will see how much money I saved today!
Another successful Albertsons Trip
6 comments:
I went yesterday, spent 16.85 and saved 62...that's a little better than you!
ok so I had this idea that I was going to take my camera to FM today to get a pic of Roc and Ella both "driving" in the special cart. Darn I forgot to, oh well I will remember next time and then everyone will think I copied you. I have Ella trained too, she told mom yesterday that I just work and work at the coupons and she will had me slips of paper and say here mom a coupon. But ok I am better than both of you I spent $21.14 and saved $89.47
My friend, Monica, told me that I should check this out and I'd appreciate your savings. If you haven't found it yet, check out http://www.pinchingyourpennies.com/Look under screaming deals by state and then the state of Utah. Check out their Albertson's string. Utah gets the same Albertson's ads that we do and they post all the great deals with online coupons, too. If you read the forum you can get other ideas from shoppers. It's a great resource!
Awesome story which I can definetly relate to as I shop Albertsons with my three girls. Thanks for the tip about asking the deli people for great deals. I will try that next time! And thank goodness for coupons. That is my way to shop too!
Don't know if you live near a Safeway but check out www.hotcouponworld.com for ideas of how to save money there as well. Great job.
I need to get good like you!!!
Maybe you should write a book on how you do it:)
Abby, I was just showing this post to my Mom. She is so proud of you...you have learned well. She reminded me that she taught you about coupons once upon a time...
Post a Comment