Tuesday, February 19, 2008

The Dishes



So I have come to realize I made a mistake about 7 years ago.....and thankfully I am NOT referring to my wonderful husband! He was the best choice I have ever made! In fact I love him more each year.....however not the dishes we chose. I liked them a lot when I first got them and for a few years even.....but then something changed and I started to get what Scott calls, "dish envy". A defining moment of this was last summer when I stayed at the lovely Craig Bed and Breakfast. I really, really liked their dishes....and then couldn't stop thinking about why I didn't like mine. I know, I know, such a silly thing to care about. Well anyway all this to say I now have my new dishes and I am thrilled. Don't they just look so yummy!! Thanks for all the help with choosing the right colors. I love them! I am thinking about saving my old dishes for the girls when they got to college...however Hailey declared she didn't want them. Karis said she would take them but Scott said there is no way we are storing them for 15 years......

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

They look beautiful Abby! They make me want to eat fruit just looking at them, good choice in colors!
I think the 15 years are going to fly by!

Katie myers

Jen said...

The dishes are awesome!! I love the colors, so bright and fun. Good choice!

Anonymous said...

They look great! When do we get to come and eat off them?

Kristi said...

I love them, Abby. Now I have dish envy.

Becky said...

Nice, but where are the purple ones?

Monica said...

You could sell your old dishes on ebay. I'm sure there is someone who still likes that pattern but has broken a few. : )

The new ones are beautiful.

Sara Shearer said...

I love your idea on saving them for the girls. I'm sure my husband would have the same response. Too funny. I too have dish envy! Its a problem I'm dealing with. :)

Rachelle said...

I also don't like my dishes, maybe I can talk Mike into letting me get new dishes...