Since I make sugar cookies for every occasion I decided to make 5 shaped ones since she is turning 5. Each child will get two in a Strawberry Shortcake bag. (One of the few actual party supplies I found.) I found strawberry candy molds so I made little strawberry candies. Then I made a little coloring book for each that says, "Thanks for making Hailey's 5th Birthday Berry Special". Then I made little magnets for each girl. The two boys who are coming get Huckleberry Fin- Roc & Emmett - for the family party.
I found Strawberry Shortcake pins so I bought those. Then I made strawberry scented play-dough! It smells great and turned out really well (which surprised me because it looked so odd as I was putting it together). I also bought strawberry fruit roll-ups to put in. So this is what each child will take home.....I hope they like it....And I hope the parents don't think it just looks cheesy and homemade but oh well....Hailey and I had lots of fun and we like it!

So in January when Hailey informed me she wanted a Strawberry Shortcake Party I thought, "No problem- there's tons of SS party stuff out there." Well after looking at our stores here- not many- and then driving to Yak and looking at the typical stores and not finding much at all I decided it was time to get creative! So look above and you will see the favors and descriptions. The big party is today after school and I still have much to do....so why am I here blogging?
5 comments:
Those baskets are so cute, how did you make them?
Cheesey and homemade?! Those are way better than anything you could buy at a party store. I'm impressed!
Awesome Abby! I love it that you made most of them. You never cease to amaze me! Great talking w/ you yesterday. I'll keep u updated on the sleeping saga!
Those are wonderful! Can't wait to hire you for Ella's party.
I think they look great! I don't think they look cheesy and there's no way the little girls will. They will love them.
Post a Comment