Saturday, February 23, 2008

Paper and Bar Making






So on Thursday the girls and I had a fun afternoon. We made chocolate-oatmeal bars for Pam's baby shower which was today and we made paper! It all started when Karis was watching "This Is Daniel Cook" and he made paper so she of course wanted to make paper. I remembered, "Hey- I have a paper making kit Scott bought me when we were dating that I have never used." So I told Karis we could make paper.

The girls were thrilled....until it involved the blending with the loud blender. They are quite freaked out by loud noises so they had to run and hide but other than that they had a good time. We put dried herbs and flowers in the paper so it turned out really cool. (Those of you who know me well know I don't have dried herbs and flowers laying around the house....they came in the kit.) Anyway I posted the final pictures of the bars and paper also!

4 comments:

Becky said...

Now that sounds like a good craft day idea.

Jen said...

Those oatmeal bars look delicious! The paper crafting sounds fun too. You're such a good mom!

Kristi said...

Matt bought me a paper making kit last year for my birthday. He didn't know that I already had one stuffed in the back of the closet. I used it once and never again. I thought it was too much work. What did you think? (I returned the one matt got me and got an organizer for my card-making supplies). Looks like you guys had fun.

Andrea said...

I remember when I used to come over to watch Hailey outside so you could vacuum. Looks like fun.