

- Saw Carrie Underwood and LOVED her! The concert was so great. I even got to see my brother Mike, Josh, and SIL Katie there. Of course they had WAY better seats than me....4th row! But that's OK we could still see great.
- Spent the day in Yakima yesterday....Scott helped Brent and Hannah move and I kept the girls at my Mom's. Arriving to help someone move with 3 small children is never too helpful so Scott just went....The girls had fun playing with Ella and seeing Grandma Ruby and Gamma and Papa.
- Gamma gave Hailey a dress that matches her dolls and I got Karis a new swimsuit so both girls are happy.
- Went to the Greenway with Gamma and Becky & Kevin and the kiddos. Walking with 5 children 5 and under to the play structure reminded us why we are NOT ready for Disneyland. We took the bikes but basically the only successful rider was Hailey. The little girls ended up running or getting carried while the adults carried the bikes. They had a wonderful time though!
-Went to church today and then spent the rest of the day doing yard work. In fact that is what we are doing the rest of the weekend. We have so much to do around here and we have been gone and busy so we keep not getting it done.....
- Losing my adoration for Oprah after church today. Don't get me wrong she's a great woman but some of her ideas just don't line up with ours. I had no idea she was on such a spiritual kick that is so contrary to the "one way to God" belief we embrace. I don't plan on never watching her again but I will be a little more in tune with what she is saying.
- Off to eat chicken enchilada soup. Yes we are eating soup in May because it is cold and rainy here.....ahhh.....Memorial Day Weekend....I don't think it is ever nice and sunny as far as I can remember......
6 comments:
We VERY much appreciated Scott's help yesterday! And, Emmett and I ate chicken tortilla soup a few days ago...partly because I was trying to eat stuff up and partly because it was a gloomy day!
sounds like fun!
lori
http://fromourbunchtoyours.blogspot.com/
chatterboxls@aol.com
have fun doing yard work. The girls look cute in their new outfits.
Abby, can I have the recipe for your chicken enchilada soup???? :)
Sounds like fun weekend. Adorable pictures of your kids!!
Does this mean that Oprah won't be asking us (blogging moms) to her show anymore?? ;)
I agree with you totally! Her 'many different paths' philosophy is misleading so many viewers out there.
I love your posts! I haven't vistited in a while.... it's always so entertaining here! I sure miss you guys!!
Post a Comment