Weekend Highlights So Far:
-Between Scott, the girls, and myself we have got at least 24 more cans of cheap olives and cranberry sauce....and we aren't done yet...this is bordering on obsessive!
- Some Salt Girls ( Salt is the college ministry at our church) hosted a parents night out last night!! They watched kids at the church for FREE and provided snacks and activities. They are these wonderful girls who seemed to really love kids...in fact someone held Avery the entire time so she was loving it. The night went for 3 hours but being the slightly paranoid parents we came after 1 1/2 hours and the girls were almost in tears because they didn't want to leave!! Scott and I met some friends and went to dinner...it was great and really fun and relaxing! What a blessing these girls were to so kindly give up their Friday night to watch ours!!
- We took the girls to Nature At Night this morning at the college. The great thing about living in a college town is there is often fun, free activities for kids. This was several booths with crafts/activities relating to nocturnal creatures. Then for a special treat I got us signed up to see a star show in a bubble planetarium. It seemed so exciting...until we tried to crawl in the tunnel of the large, dark bubble.....Karis went hysterical and refused to go in, Hailey went in and then went hysterical...so I had to quickly crawl out with her while everyone else was eagerly crawling in.....maybe next year.....
- Hailey and I took Grandma Ruby to the Holy Family Bazaar in Yakima. She was thrilled as she loves things like that. Then we met my mom at a party she was catering and she sent us home with a ton of leftover food...we have enough for a week: pork with fruit chutney, smoked pork, smoked salmon, hot artichoke dip, snicker apple salad, tons of lunch meat, Chinese chicken salad! Yummo!
Hope you are having a great weekend too!
2 comments:
I remember doing the bubble thing when I was at Fox, I think. Sounds like a fun weekend so far.
Hmmmm, all the food talk is making me hungry! :) Sounds delicious!
Post a Comment