8:00 We put the girls to bed and Scott leaves for a bar (just kidding- a church meeting)
8:15 Avery cries out once- I go in and lay her back down- she seems fine
9:00 John & Kate Plus 8 comes on and I start watching it because it is one of my favorite shows ever! May I just say my life is sooo easy compared to them....2 seven year olds and 6 three year olds! I should never complain about anything.
9:15 Avery cries out again- just once so I don't go in.
9:30 Avery cries out again...nothing too loud just a quick little burst into tears type thing
9:45 Scott comes home- I am heavily engrossed in John and Kate taking their 8 children skiing in Utah so Scott goes in and checks on her.....and...she is covered in throw up!! So he gets her up and she throws up again all over, then again in the laundry room. I change the sheets, he cleans her up.
10:15- Avery cries out again just once...however I go in and check this time and she has thrown up. So repeat 9:45....except John and Kate are now taking the kids to Disney World...hello...we can't even make it to Portland with 3.....
3:00- I wake up and notice there is no power
4:30- Hailey wakes up and notices her nightlight is out and bursts into loud, hysterical tears. We try and explain what power out means.....
5:00 Karis gets up! Hello....I don't think so....Scott puts her back to bed but now Hailey is up.....they are too upset over the nightlight being out to go back to sleep so they play Leapsters in bed
The power doesn't come back on until 9:30! This may not sound too bad unless you consider: the house was freezing, we are on a well so can't flush the toilet (resulting in Hailey refusing to go potty in the toilet that others had already used so sobbing profusely until I convinced her to go in the one bathroom left without poop in the toilet just pee- I know TMI), the girls couldn't watch noggin, we couldn't have anything warm- including coffee for me!, no one could shower, we had a laundry room full of pukey sheets because sometime in the middle of the night Avery threw up again!, and I couldn't work out, and Avery reeked of puke!!! (If you have ever had a baby puke in the night you know what this is like....in the hair, on the skin, one smelly deal). Needless to say I would make a horrible Amish woman.
This afternoon has gotten much better. I am hoping the throwing up is done and that the rest of us don't get it...didn't we just have the flu!!!!? How could we be getting it again....please everyone in bloggerville - pray the rest of us don't get it. And especially pray Becky and Katie who were here yesterday don't get it. That is the last thing poor Katie needs and Becky's family just got over sickness too!!
6 comments:
Roc got up at 4:30 today (not for the first time mind you), and really did not go back to sleep till like 6:30. Had I know you guys were up too I would have given you a call!
Oooh rough night! I haven't had to deal with true vomit yet and I'm NOT looking forward to it. (remember my post about gag reflex?!) Hope she's feeling better today. Oh, and good thing you're the nap nazi cause they'll need it! :o)
Oh Abby! I feel so bad for you, I cant stand toddler vomit, especaily the caked on kind, Henry just went through that, I can not imagine not having water to bath in or anything, oh the smell! ok, I cant think about it any more! I hope she is not sick long!
Katie myers
And you lived to blog about the SAME DAY! You truly are amazing--maybe not Amish amazing, but a Wonder in your own right. I hope last night was much less eventful. Love you!
I feel for you Abby! Mike & I are both sick and last night Cole woke up at 2am, finally got up at 3am (until 4am) and Chase woke up at 3:30am, needless to say I only slept an hour last night...
My dd is 3 and I have NEVER had to deal with infant or toddler vomit.....I don't think I want to after what you just wrote. I will be praying for you.
Post a Comment