Stories and events that happen at the Hoefer House! All of them crazy...most of them good....
Thursday, February 28, 2008
New Poll
So I have a new poll up and it might seem a little strange but it is something I often wonder. Here is why: When I go to the bathroom by myself (when I go with the girls I always go in the disabled stall because it is bigger and I need places to put them) I always go in the 2nd stall because I figure most people go in the first one therefore the 2nd one is cleaner. But I got to thinking..what if most people figure this so they go in the 2nd one so really the 1st one is cleaner or maybe a random one would be better. So here is where you come in for this very scientific poll. I am curious what the average person does (not that my readers out there are just average or anything). After this poll is done I will then make a decision as to what stall I will now be using. Feel free to add a comment to explain your reasoning if you so desire. And thanks for participating!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
11 comments:
I saw a study on this. The first one is cleanest. The large one is the dirtiest. So, while I used to follow your logic, I now always use the first one. These are the important questions in life. : )
I always go to the last one before the disabled (assuming the disabled is the farthest from the door)cuz I figure this is the least used. Now I just read Monica's comment, I am interested to know why her study concluded the first was the cleanest. So none of your answers work for me.
that is so funny. I always do the second for exactly the same reason as you Abby. But now I think i'll go for the first!
i have thought your entire post in my head before...'what if everyone else is thinking like me?'...but really doesn't it just take one set of horrible germs to make a problem?...there's my new theory! only go in the stall where the most healthy people go!
:)
(i found your blog through tiffany's moms equipped blog
& i think you are too funny)
I used to always choose the first one, but I noticed a trend that the first one was frequently low on supplies thus concluding that it was used the most. I then switched to the second one.
Great poll choice BTW.
Suzanne
I think I heard the same study monica did so I go in the first one. i feel guilty if I go in the disabled one kind of like it is a disabled parking spot...
ummm...I don't use the stall :)
BUt I too have heard that most people think the closest one to the door is used most frequently - when the opposit is true. Most people avoid that and use the 2nd.
I, logically, avoid them all...
Okay, so I went in search of the study to see if I was making this up. All I could find was this piece, from 10 years ago. I just know I heard something in the past couple of years. But here you go anyway: http://psychologytoday.com/articles/pto-19970201-000018.html
This one appears to directly contradict: http://media.www.thejackonline.org/media/storage/paper1142/news/2007/08/22/Trend/Bathroom.Stall.Roulette-2895179.shtml
I do NOT recommend doing further research, fellow Hoeferburg readers, because it exposes you to all kinds of data on things people do in stalls to make them dirty... things I could have survived just fine without knowing (but confirms my 1st stall preference for its public location).
Now I REALLY need to get back to my homework, which isn't nearly as interesting.
This is so funny. I also use the 2nd for your reasoning, and have often wondered if other people did the same! Maybe the 3rd is the way to go.... haha
This is a fact I heard on KUPL country radio in Portland -- The second stall in the women's bathroom is ALWAYS the most used therefore (I assume) the dirtiest. I go for the 4th or 5th one myself. The other fact I learned from this DJ (confirmed later by 20/20) is that if you leave your toothbrushes on the counter and the toilet flushes all these nasty things out of your toilet fly on your toothbrushes...
On the subject of public toilets~ my biggest pet peeve is when they have no hook in the bathroom for your coat. What are you supposed to do when it is rainy and you have a coat on ~ throw it on the floor??? Please, I always ask for a comment card and beg them to put a $5 coat hook up.
Post a Comment