Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Avery Kendall- 18 Months!!










Avery is growing up sooo fast. Way too fast! I can't believe she is 18 months. Well actually from her behavior I can.....All I can say is wow.....she sure is different at this age than the others were! Very, very opinionated. I am trying my best to not give her any attention for naughty behavior and praise the positive. But we have had to institute the old time-out pack/n/play. She seems to love pulling her sister's hair as hard as she can and refusing to let go!! They will be crying and they are so good, they have never hurt her back, and she won't let go. I have to pry her little fingers off the hair while she is grinning. So we have started a 1 minute time out that has worked wonders!! Hair pulling is almost non-existent now. But man she sure is opinionated about things!!
Her personality is still really quiet though and very sweet and cuddly. Everyone comments on how quiet she is...but when she is just with us she talks a ton!! She has at least 30 words! She is also really busy but not like Karis was....busy in her own way but not climbing up on the counter or smearing pudding on the walls. She is nursing once a day but I am thinking of ending that soon....if I can get up my courage...she is my last little nursling!!
And the most fabulous news of all.....in the last 2 months she gained 2 pounds!!! For Avery that is unheard of!!! She now weighs 21 pounds 2 ounces and is 33 inches tall. So she is in the 10% for weight and between the 75% and 90% for height!! We have had a bit of a struggle with her and weight gain so this is huge- I can not tell you how relieved I am!! She had sooo many tests ran on her and they all came back normal but she would only gain 2-4 ounces a month. Two months ago she was below the 5% for weight!! Praise God!!
We love you Avery Kendall!! You are the greatest and I am so thrilled you are in our family!!

9 comments:

Jen said...

She's adorable. Great pictures!

AshlandFive said...

Hey Abby,

Just got your comment. It has been so neat to see how you guys are doing...busy by the way! My life seems so boring in comparison. :) Your girls are soooo adorable. Tell Scott we said hi too. Tell us next time your in town and we can catch up!

Anonymous said...

I think it's so funny how opinionated you say she is because she's so quiet around all of us!

Anonymous said...

sorry, that comment was me!

Becky said...

How can someone that cute be naughty? Also the pic with the open mouth looks a bit like Hailey.

Rachelle said...

I can't believe how old she is, she was still a baby at Andrea's wedding!!!

At what age did you go down to 1 time a day nursing?

Oh, and I think your pictures are getting so good!

Strauss House said...

So adorable - her eyes are just gorgeous. And nice pics, girl!

Moon Dance Ranch said...

Great pictures!
Avery is a beautiful baby.

deb

Heidi C said...

Those are great pictures Abby. You're doing a great job capturing the unique personalities of your sweet girlies. I can't believe how bright and beautiful Avery's eyes are! I'm so happy she's gaining weight! Yay!!!