Thursday, March 27, 2008

Bitter Sweet


Well it's official.....I think Avery is totally weaned!! I can't believe it....Saturday night she acted like she didn't really want to nurse. So Sunday night I just didn't nurse her, or Monday night, or Tuesday night, or Wednesday.......she hasn't asked for it, hasn't cried, hasn't even seemed to notice. Which I guess is the best way. I thought I would be really broken hearted over this but I have actually been fine. I have cried a little but to be honest I mostly feel this huge sense of relief.


I told Scott is has been 5 years and 9 months that I have been either pregnant, nursing, or both!!For the first time in almost 6 years I can drink whatever I want (I am thinking of being really adventurous and having a latte with caffeine after noon some day), eat whatever I want, and take whatever I want whenever I want. I am quite excited to try some new allergy drugs this season! I could even go somewhere all night long, or even for a couple nights. Whatever am I going to do with myself?! I am thinking Scott and I need a night away....we will have to find a way to make that work....


Anyway I am happy Avery is growing up, she is healthy, she is sweet, and so much fun. She still looks like such a baby to me and I hope I can still baby her for a long time. She is a cuddly one so that is nice and she really likes to be held so that is good too. We have been in baby mode here for so long that it is hard to imagine not but it is also quite a relief. I hope that doesn't sound bad...I love having babies but they are a lot of work and having a 3 and 5 year old feels so much easier to me. I really like the preschool years!! So one more baby milestone accomplished......

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad it was easy for her!

Anonymous said...

Wow Abby, what a blessing that it was so easy on both of you, awesome.
That feeling that this body is mine again is kinda cool, I had one drink before I found out number 4 was on the way! (only 2 weeks between nursing Henry and finding out) Someday I will be all mine again, I cant imagine it right now, I am so excited for you!

katie m

Melissa said...

I remember that feeling so well. It actually took me a while after Mindy weaned to get used to eating/drinking whatever I wanted. I was so used to being careful, I would forget I was free!

Becky said...

Congratulations!I am glad it went well and you are doing ok with it. I can't wait to be free, I love my little boy but am anxiously awaiting being able to drink as much caffeine as I want and when I want!

She is darling by the way

Rachelle said...

I am just starting the process with Chase, so it was good to read your posting.

Jen said...

That's awesome it was so easy!! Enjoy your new found freedom. You deserve it!

Kristi said...

Woohoo! Let's plan our trip to visit Heidi now. Sorry, I should be more sympathetic...but I can't really relate:-) See you soon.

Heidi C said...

Yes Kristi! That means a trip to visit little 'ole me can happen! Although no pressure - anytime this year would be great. I am happy for you that it went so smoothly. think Gabriel has kind of been weaning himself lately and it's made me sad. Although he is my first, so I'm sure if I had three I would be feeling relief too! I love u!