Friday, March 7, 2008

Making Cookies






So while Hailey was laying in bed yesterday Karis, Avery, and I made chocolate chip cookies. Very yummy. I hadn't made just plain chocolate chip cookies in awhile so it was quite enjoyable. Unfortunately it led me to eat several throughout the day but oh well. The girls were quite helpful, licking the beaters, pouring ingredients into the mixer, etc. I have however quit allowing them to pour the flour or sugar because of the HUGE mess....it never all makes it into the bowl. Now doesn't this post make you want to go eat a big scoop of cookie dough and then a warm cookie right from the oven?!

Also looking at this picture reminds me of something someone said to me a couple weeks ago. He saw Avery and Karis and goes, "Are they sisters?" I said, "yes". He goes, "100% biological? One is so dark and the other so light." Can you believe someone would ask that?! Hello.....what if they weren't and what does it matter? Would I really want to discuss it with a stranger in front of them?! What should my response have been? Quite forward I thought on his part.... So I said, "Yes....its genetics...you never know what you're going to get." To which he replied, "Yeah...spin the wheel, you never know do you?" Interesting......

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I made cc cookies for the first time in a LONG time on Tuesday for youth group. Even though we are counting calories, I had to have one!

As far as the Karis/Avery thing..I would have said "I'm wondering why you feel the need to know that?" People can be so ignorant!

Monica said...

This reminds me of my friend's recent post about Anya's favorite friends (she falls in age right between the two). http://mamatoo.blogspot.com/2008/01/really.html

Becky said...

Yes to Hannah, I have heard before that you ask them "why do you want to know that?" or something along those lines, when you get a question like that.

Strauss House said...

Man, people are BOLD. I got all sorts of comments when I was pregnant, including "Better cut back on those cheeseburgers!"

Rachelle said...

Why do people feel the need to say anything? When Chase was first born I was at Costco and a lady asked me if we were going to have a 3rd (keep in mind Chase was only a month old)

Mary Lou said...

When Dacia Grace was about 6-7 months or so, a lady stopped me in Costco to ask me if she was adopted? part Chinese? No, she is not adopted, yes she is part Chinese. Are you her mother? Yes? Biological? Yes? Now get this one.....Are you sure? My answer, "YES, I carried her seven of the nine months!"

Her next question.....Who carried her the other two months?

At this point I just walked away because otherwise I knew I was going to laugh in her face......

Dacia Grace was born two months early......besides who has ever heard of a baby transplant!

Go figure.....I still get crazy....crazy comments!

Jessica said...

People are weird!! :)