Thursday, March 27, 2008

Busy....Busy....Busy

Sorry for the lack of posts this week but we have been so busy. We decided to move the girl's room upstairs to the scrapbook/workout/computer/guest quarters. (Don't worry Matt & Kristi the move takes place next week after your visit.) So I have been making curtains, organizing closets, painting a dresser, and trying to figure out paint colors. It is quite the process. The curtains I made ended up taking hours because I am not a professional on the sewing machine by any means and because they are huge. One of my secrets for having great sleepers is room darkening shades. Well the window up here is big and has a sun ray type curve to it if you know what I mean......so to buy the shades would have cost around $500. A little out of the budget.

So......I bought fabric and room darkening fabric (didn't even know it existed) and sewed them together......I hope no one studies them closely because the seams aren't exactly even. OH well..... Now we are off to buy paint and next week start painting. Since Andrea lives far away I have found another home-decor- specialist who will be coming tomorrow to give advice on paint color and placement. My good friend Steph is one of those people unlike myself with a natural ability to know what looks good. So throughout the next couple weeks I will try and photograph some of the changes. I am very excited about the girl's new room- I hope it turns out really cute. It is huge so we plan on keeping all their stuff in it instead of spread throughout the house!!

A new Karisim:
Yesterday she was putting beads on a string and Avery kept trying to get close. She said, "Avery- I am really stressed out......you need to go away......I just need some space......"

Ummm....wonder where she's heard that before.......and speaking of Ummmm.....Avery says it constantly. Everything I ask her she goes, "Ummmm" and I couldn't figure out why....until I listened to myself and realize I say it constantly........ummm......anyway gotta run......

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

And I thought you were never to busy to blog! :)

Can't wait to see the girls' new room. They will have a lot of space!

Becky said...

I can't wait to see the room either. We bought the black out blinds, decided they were worth it, plus they are energy efficient.

Jen said...

I love room makeover's, can't wait to see what their new room looks like!

Andrea said...

I'm trying to get caught up on the blog! Can't wait to see what you have planned for the girlies room. Where will the new guest quarters be?