We went to Yakima on Saturday morning. We started off by dressing the girls up in their matching Easter dresses courtesy of Papa and Gamma. When I was going to buy their dresses I told Hailey and she said, "Doesn't Gamma usually buy our Easter dresses?" Well once Papa and Gamma heard that they decided to buy all five grandaughters matching dresses. We didn't get a group photo but we will this summer with them all wearing them.
My pictures didn't turn out very well either...I really wanted one with all three girls but it just didn't work that morning.....maybe in a couple weeks I will try again. We went and saw Grandma Ruby who is still doing great by the way. She really wanted to see the girls in their dresses so that was fun for her.....and then we went to "Yakima". That is actually my parent's house but they literally think it is called Yakima. It is quite cute. Auntie Rach and Uncle Mike were home so that made it even better. (Although I doubt Rach thinks that now....because my Dad got the flu and now Rach, Andrew, and Sadie have it......ahhhh......)
OK anyway.....when we got there Claudia was there. Who is Claudia? Well...she is this wonderful woman who works for my mom and the girls love her!! So sometimes my mom hires her to stay and play with the kids so we can go to coffee or go shopping. It is fabulous! So that is the picture with her and the girls playing. So the girls went shopping, the guys played basketball, and the children played with Claudia.....what a deal....
Then we had the annual Easter Egg Hunt. Let me tell you it was a little more toned down this year. Usually all the adults hunt too and act like children. Especially Josh who tries to hold people back and tear through to get all the eggs. The eggs are full of money and tickets for gift cards. It is quite motivating. This year though with Grandma being in the hospital Mom didn't have as much time to get it all together so just the kids hunted. They however all walked away with quite a loot of money. And the adults still managed to get gift cards so it was quite fun and exciting. We seriously have the most generous parents ever!! I also put a picture in of my mom's catering kitchen. Jan's Catering. It is too hard to describe so I just photographed it. Just think...scrumptious food and baked goods 24/7.
But the highlight of it all for Hailey and Karis was what they got from Gamma in their Easter baskets......new ballet outfits. Karis has literally not taken hers off......
Sunday we went to Scott's old church to celebrate Easter. It was great to see his old friends and to focus on the true meaning of Easter. He is risen!!
5 comments:
I love the girl's dresses. I got Savannah the same one and she calls it her princess dress. Thanks for the cute pictures. Melanie
Looks like you beat me to it!
It was fun. I still need to blog about Easter too.
Scott is looking as FABULOUSO as ever! He has to in order to keep up with Abs of Steel!
Hi Abby, thanks for the compliments on my blog! ;) I will email you about the photo collages. I LOVE your girls dresses and the photos, how sweet. :)
Post a Comment