Wednesday, March 12, 2008

An Ordinary Wednesday




Wednesdays are busy for us. First we go to Story time at 10:15. The girls love it and as you can see have a great time listening to stories and dancing to the songs. Avery is even totally into it which is so different than when Karis was this age. I almost quit going because I was pregnant and would end up being up and down and chasing her all over the library and leaving Hailey by herself. Avery sits and listens for the most part, does all the motions, and dances. It is so cute to watch. (See her sitting nicely in the chair?! Amazing what watching the older siblings does...)

After story time Hailey has Speech Therapy. We had her IEP meeting today and she is doing fantastic! I am so proud of her. She has a speech delay in articulation. It isn't too bad and most people can understand her for the most part. We didn't know she had fluid in her ears for a long time (which is why she ended up with tubes) so she couldn't hear very clearly which impacted her speech.
Then we load back into the car and go to Preschool. I pack a lunch so the girls eat it in the car. Then tonight we have small group from 5-7. I am looking forward to that. Sitting with 10 of our closest friends and chatting and praying and eating dinner. What could be better? Oh and the girls all happily playing in the activity hall with 3 great babysitters. I've said it before but our small group is such a blessing! When we moved here we were really looking for community and a place to belong and grow together- and that is what we have found. We love our church's emphasis on building community and also reaching outside of ourselves to those around us.
So that's our Wednesdays....busy days but lots of fun!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

sounds like fun! i'm looking forward to storytime days.

Jen said...

Sounds like fun! My little two year old doesn't like to sit still yet but I'm working on it. Your small group sounds awesome!

Becky said...

Looks fun. I always forget to go to our story time...But Ella does have fun when we go.