Monday, March 10, 2008

Taking More Pictures















So Since there were some extra girlies here today and it was kind of cloudy out (a rare occurance in the burg) I decided to try taking some photos. I keep saying I am going to take a class and I really need to. My friend Dave gives me lots of helpful hints but I really need some assignments or something. Plus I don't want to drive him nuts asking too many questions. I also read some talented bloggers and look at their photos for inspiration but there is so much I just don't get. Although it was kind of funny one day Dave and I had a conversation something like this:

(He had come over to give me a little tutoring.)


Me: "So is this photography thing just really, really complicated?"


D: "Well...I have a four year degree in it, so maybe...there is a lot to learn"


Me: "OOOHHH....so this would be like me trying to teach you how to teach Sydney to read in an hour?"


D: "Exactly...."

So anyway the whole point of this post was I do like the way these photos turned out...it seems like it is so much easier to take pictures outside than inside...way, way easier for me at least. I know they don't compare to Mindy's or Sam's but Anyway here you have it.....the funny thing was I told the girls I was a professional photographer and they believed me and therefore posed quite a bit. So if any of you out there want to give me any advice I will gladly take it! Oh and I still have no idea how to look for the catch light thing...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like the close-ups. I think it's way easier to take pictures outside too, especially when it's cloudy.

Strauss House said...

I also like the close ups! And it is definitely much easier to shoot outside - better lighting. Nick Kelsh has some fun, easy books that you might like. Check out his "How to Photograph __________" books. They have great assignments and tips in them.

Anonymous said...

hi abby! thanks for the comment on my blog. :) i like the close-ups too! outdoor pics are much easier - bring on the spring weather!!

Jen said...

I think the close ups are great! You're right though, there is so much to learn, and I am wishing I had more time to do it. You're doing great!

Jillian Weiss said...

I like your pictures. One reassuring thing for me, not a photographer by any means, is that I love looking at our old family photos for the memories they bring me. When looking at pics from when I was a kid, certainly no where near professional looking, it almost always makes me laugh and smile. That's one thing I love about photos, you don't have to be Annie Leibovitz to enjoy your shots. That being said, I'm sure glad Mindy is around:) She's my Annie:)