Monday, March 17, 2008

My Little Assignment










So in my attempt to become a better photographer I am completing a little assignment from a professional friend. (Can anyone tell I finally figured out how to attach links with the right name?!) However I ran into a little snag so those of you who use the Canon Rebel XT can you help me out? I have it set in AV and can't get the f number to go below 5. Am I doing something wrong? I am switching the dial thing. I am so inept at this whole photography thing that for all I know I am not even turning the right dial.

So anyway I was trying to shoot in AV with a low f number and attempt to focus on the pupil to get the catch lights. I think I did it on some? Any and all advice greatly appreciated!!! I really want to learn so feel free to share what you think!!

Hailey is always harder for me to get a cute picture of. She is so darn cute in real life but when the camera comes out she makes either weird faces or fake, squinty smiles. Then she moves so much which is why she is way off center.

5 comments:

Rachelle said...

You totally caught the eye! You have some amazing pics!!!

(Seriously, how do you have the time??? I only have 2 kids!)

Strauss House said...

YES! You're getting it! The 3rd and the last are perfect. Do you see the catchlights in the eyes in all these?

Becky said...

I think they are good but i'm no professional.

Alicen said...

oooo, these are so nice! i actually like the ones with hailey off center. it's very artistic, i think. by the way, mindy, what's catchlights? you're doing great abby! it's great that you have such pretty faces to work with!

Anonymous said...

Hey Abby. If you have the kit lens that came with the rebel, I don't believe you can set the aperture below 5. You would need a different lens to do that. But great job on your assignment!