Wednesday, March 5, 2008

The Week So Far

So I keep meaning to bring my camera on our outings but haven't yet and then I don't like to blog without proof (just kidding- pictures) but I guess I will anyway. So here are the highlights of the week so far:

Saturday: Our power went out again! I told Scott I feel like we live in a 3rd world country and then started complaining about having to reset the VCR to record Oprah and then we just both burst out laughing. Oh the tragedies.....yeah- we don't have a clue huh?! The girls FREAKED out because it happened right before bed. They kept crying, "Just get the TV and night lights on". They are however starting to realize what power out really means.

Sunday- Took the older two to Yak , they played with Ella and had a wonderful time and I went to Safeway with my mom. Somehow she managed to buy at least 6 bags of groceries and only spend $3!! It was amazing.....there are many deals to be had there now but I don't have time to explain them all. Basically you buy stuff, earn $20 coupons for your next purchase and somehow also earn free gift cards. I managed to get Oatmeal Squares for $1 a box and Nature Valley granola bars for $1 a box (and later realized if I'd had my coupons I could have gotten them for 60 cents!!) It is hard not to focus on the wasted 40 cents but it is one of those things I have to let go.

Monday- Took the girls to Super One for lunch. A highlight for them....they order pizza and ride the free car. Very fun- kills at least an hour if you include a trip to the bakery for a free cookie and then another ride. The high schoolers also enjoy it and were there for lunch. Three guys sat near us so Karis loudly says, "That is soooo silly Hawee......look...those boys have earrings on.......Boys aren't supposed to wear earrings....look Hawee.....they must not be boy daddies...." Anyway this whole time I am trying to discreetly quiet her...however with Karis there is nothing discreet.......The boys actually were laughing and seemed quite amused by the whole thing.

Tuesday- Went to Tuesday morning Bible study at church. Made the mistake of taking the dog in the van with us. She jumps out and is tearing around the parking lot. I was scared she was going to get hit by a car....so I am screaming at her- would run to get her she would stop, I would get almost to her and she would run again. The wind was blowing like crazy, the girls were still in the van and then I notice another woman who happens to be in my group (I am the group leader no less) is watching me. It was a bit mortifying. I finally get the dog in the car, yell, "BAD DOG!" slam the door and then Karis trips and falls. I am carrying Avery, the diaper bag, a water bottle, and my Bible and she wants me to carry her. I am trying to be real patient and together like since I don't know many of the woman in my group very well as they are new to the church. It was delightful. At least they know I'm real right?!

Wednesday- We went to story time and I wanted to photograph it so I will have to next time. So cute to watch all the girls dancing- even Avery gets into it. However today she learned what hot really means. I had a Starbucks extra hot latte, set it down on the chair and before I knew it she took a big drink. It was awful. She started crying but it must not have burned her (the drink was several minutes old) but she hasn't stopped saying, "hot...hot...." The nice thing is I bet I won't have to share my lattes with her anytime soon...unlike my other little Starbuck lovers....

Right now I am child free! Hailey is at school, Karis at Mia's, and Avery in bed. Whatever will I do with myself?

2 comments:

Becky said...

Sounds like a great time so far. Ella had fun with the girls as always.

Heidi C said...

Love your re-telling of the parking lot at the bible study! I can imagine it all very vividly! And it makes me smile. You are one in a million Abby!