Monday, July 28, 2008

Good Books?

So I am in desperate need of a good author. I love to read and read almost a book every week or two. I like good story lines that aren't too complicated and not too scary but have some drama. And not too much smut. What have you read lately that was good?

8 comments:

Amber and Nala said...

I just started reading My Sister's Keeper by Jodi Picoult and I am really enjoying it. Also, have you read Marley and Me (John Grogan) yet??? You probably have but if you haven't you should read it. The author really conveys the funny moments in a dog owner's life so well. It's my favorite but of course it's about a dog. ;)

KELLY said...

I just finished The Friday Night Knitting Club...love it!!! Couldn't put it down and actually finished it in a day. They have it at the library. I've also read a few Nicholas Sparks this summer. Also really liked Water For Elephants. Don't know the author's name, but is was great.

What have you read? I'm always up for a good book.

Mary Lou said...

Some of my favorites are:

Francine Rivers - author
favorite books by her are:

Leota's Garden
The Scarlet Thread
The Atonement Child
and the Shofar Blew
Redeeming Love

Lori Wick - author
favorite book by her is:

Pretense

Karen Kingsbur - author
like all of her books - no favorites

Currently reading:

Dream of Life by Michael Phillips
It is the #2 book in the American Dreams Series. Historical Fiction about the Civil War. He has written and co-written other series about World War I and II as well as others about the Civil War.

Also reading Deception by Randy Alcorn. VERY suspenseful. Setting is Portland.

Randy Alcorn also wrote a wonderful book called Safely Home which is also VERY suspenseful but very good. It is about the underground church in China.

Another along the same lines is Daughter of China by C. Hope Flinchbaugh. So good.

As you can tell, I am constantly reading! I tend to read historical fiction or more true to life fiction.

Shannon said...

I loved every one of Jodi Picoult's books and I also really enjoyed Friday Night Knitting Club too!

AshlandFive said...

Hey Girl! Just finished Mistaken Identity. It has been so encouraging for me and my kids. The girls in this story lived their lives for Christ to the fullest. You won't be able to put it down!

Rachelle said...

I am currently reading The Memory Keepers Daughter

Have you read all the Joel Rosenberg books?

I also like Nicholas Sparks books

Hope that helps

Becky said...

Wanda Brunstetter-like Beverly Lewis-they are great.
also Colleen Coble just put a new Amish book out that was great-it is called Anathema

Nancy said...

Okay so I'm old-er than the rest of you but if you want a contemporary author, mindless reading for entertainment purposes only, read any of the Janet Evanovich books with a number in the title. The character is Stephanie Plum and she will make you laugh. She will take you to a world without children, one you will never experience for yourself. They are fun books! Also the Sue Grafton books with a letter in the title, A is for Alibi, etc. They are the same type of book but I liked both authors when I read... I used to read 3-5 books a week until I got sick. Now, I'm lucky to read one a year, but I am reading one at the moment!!