Friday, July 18, 2008

July Update







One of the great things about our orphanage is they send out a monthly update. So we got our first one today! They said Alex-Josiah is doing great, a happy boy with lots of smiles, and meeting all appropriate developmental milestones. He is 20 months old and he weighs 19 pounds 6 ounces and is 32 inches tall. So he is an inch smaller than Avery was at 18 months and almost 2 pounds less! And they were so worried about Avery not being big enough but I guess in Haiti that is a great weight to be at! Anyway isn't he so cute?! We love him so much- can't believe we have a son!

A funny side note- they sent the first update with the correct info but pictures of another little guy. I e-mailed them to Scott and said they sent the wrong pics so I e-mailed the orphanage. Scott e-mails me back that they were the right ones- he said, "Look at his bottom lip- it is the same." So I looked and it was and I got a slight, slight bit of disappointment thinking, "He isn't quite as cute as he was last month." But then I said, "No way...that is not Alex- there is no way. Or is it?" Well then the orphanage e-mailed back and it was the wrong photos. I said, "Scott- you don't even recognize your own son?" And we laughed and then marveled in his cuteness and sweetness!

10 comments:

Mike & Crissy said...

Abby he is adorable, your post brought tears to my eyes - I'm so happy you guys have a son! (Now I'm tearing up again!)

Anonymous said...

Cute Cute!! His cuteness fits right in with our family! :)

Hannah said...

That is so great that you get monthly updates. I'm sure that will help the months until he is home pass a little quicker. Glad he is so healthy and happy! He is very handsome.

Jillian Weiss said...

So sweet!! Looks like he has some hair growing in on the top of his head. I love the shades too, it looks like he is vacationing.

Becky said...

Cute-That is neat how they pose him for pictures.

Melissa said...

He is so adorable! I can't wait to meet him!

Jen said...

He is adorable! So exciting for you guys. I pray the time flies by for you!

Heidi C said...

What a doll! I am so happy for your family to welcome him into your home. He is super duper cute, can't wait to meet him!

Amber and Nala said...

I love the pictures...that is so neat that they update you like that. :)

Andrea said...

Still praying it won't be a year. Can't wait till he's home and to see new posts of him playing with his big sisters!