
So yesterday afternoon I laid around all day and watched TV. Shocking I know....I had a bad headache which is unusual. The girls were total angels and played well the whole time so I thought I would make this afternoon extra special for them. So first I made little puddings in the little pots with the flowers. I bought the pots at the American Girl Doll store and thought they were so fun. Then we made pink flower ice-cubes and drank the special water out of princess cups.
Then we made sunny day clay. It was really fun...the girls made food for their dolls to eat! I even got into it and we had a great time making cookies, hot dogs, cereal, bagels, and cheese sandwiches! And since I always forget recipes here it is: 1 cup corn starch, 2 cups baking soda, 1 1 and 1/4 cup water. Cook over medium heat until it looks like mashed potatoes. Then let cool and knead food coloring in. Put in a sunny place to dry. Hence the name sunny day clay!
5 comments:
That looks fun. I wish you were my mother!
I should try and make that-Ella would have fun with it-
It looks liek we will be making it again. While we were out of the room Karis and Avery took every single piece and crumpled it into hundreds of pieces all over the floor!! Hailey was devastated. I said- "Karis! Why did you do this? Did you think it would be fun to destroy this?" And she was sobbing and saying, "I wasn't thinking anything at all."
Wow...what fun! Poor Karis...sometimes you just get caught up in the moment. :)
Oh my gosh! You are too fun, Abby! And Karis, well she is going to be the President someday! I used to do stuff like that with my kids and one thing they remember very well is cornmeal...I'd get out utensils, sifters, etc., etc. (no water!!!) and put them outside at the picnic table (toddler in high chair) and give them each a bowl with cornmeal in it. They played and played and played. It's an outdoor activity for sure...unless you actually want to vacuum the entire house that day...
Post a Comment