Wednesday, July 30, 2008

One More Avery Thing

So this makes Scott and I laugh. Little Miss INTENSITY will point to something and say some sort of gibberish and expect us to completely understand instantaneously. When we can't figure it out she will change from her calm request to crying, yelling, and eventually screaming. As we frantically run around trying to figure out what she wants to appease the precious little one the expression continues to intensify. (I know, I know what you are all thinking...but just keeping it real here....and come on....I know this isn't the only household where this happens!) Anyway as soon as we figure out what it is...and often Hailey and Karis join in.."the milk, her baby, crackers Mom...she wants crackers!" we will hand it to her and she will very calmly and politely say, "Thank you" and all is well for the next 5 minutes! Just cracks us up that she can go from 0 to 60 in less than 10 seconds and then back down to 0!! Love this girl!!

5 comments:

KELLY said...

What a doll. And yes...the same thing happens in our house. I know you're supposed to ignor screambing, but really people (who right those books)...have you actually BEEN AROUND a screaming child????

It was great playing at the park on Monday. Let's try to get the kids together again soon.

Monica said...

Oh, it's funny now. But when she's almost 4 and she's monopolizing "Penguins" swim class with similar antics and the poor sensitive swim teacher kid doesn't know how to appease her...then you realize the drama is not so amusing. (So daddy pulls her out of the pool and makes her sit on the wall until she can pull herself togeter...while she wails loudly, except when peeking up to see if you're watching and duly impressed.) And yes, we love her too. : )

Andrea said...

I don't have kids yet, so I don't know if these are bad techniques. I'll be willing to take all your parenting advice because I think your kids are amazing.

Anonymous said...

did Abby drop off face of the earth??

no blooging for a week??

O dear help us!!

Anonymous said...

Abby, what happened, I am lost without your posts!
Everything seems to grey in my world now...