Monday, July 21, 2008

When Bloggers Meet

I will get to the title in a bit. It was a very busy and fun weekend! Saturday I went with my mom to the Nordstrom sale. This is a big tradition for us! Ever since I can remember my mom would go to Portland for the Nordstrom sale in July. To save the tax of course. "The more you spend, the more you save." When Becky and I hit jr.high we were allowed to go too. And we loved picking out all our new school clothes. Well the past 5 years my experience hasn't been quite the same since I have been nursing a baby. I wasn't able to go for the whole day except for the time Scott and I took the girls with us....umm....why did we think that would work? Not sure....anyway.....
We didn't go to Portland this time because Mike (my little brother) got a job at the Northgate Nordstrom. Therefore our loyalties with him were more important than the tax savings....we bought everything from him so he earned the commission. I will say it was the least helpful service I have ever had as he seemed slightly overwhelmed and even irritated at times. Why you wonder? Wouldn't Jan and Abby be the easiest customers in the world? So mellow and laid-back we are about our purchases? So quiet and never noticed by anyone else? I know, I know...can't figure it out.

Anyway we were mid shopping and I will say I will for now on purchase my denim there because they were able to hem my jeans in less than half an hour!! On the first day of the sale no less! Usually I have to wait and have them shipped to me. Anyway....while in the midst of sorting through piles of clothes that we had brought to Mike in the shoe department and trying to figure out what this shirt went with and why we got Ella a shirt but no pants and Sadie the wrong size and if Audrey needed a 9 month or a 6 and if Karis would count this as a "beautiful" dress, and if Hailey needed this, and if Hannah would put this on Emmett.....the power went out! That's right the power in the entire mall went out for 2 hours!! It was devastating. The store lost hundreds of thousands of dollars in revenue and stolen merchandise! Someone was even trapped in the elevator! That would have been horrible. So we finally left and went to Bellevue where we shopped with Dean- Mike's good friend. His customer service was a bit more accommodating. No offense.....Anyway the shopping was successful and fun- and Mike is sending us much of the stuff they were unable to ring up.

Well while I was shopping Scott and the girls were having a wonderful time in Yakima at a fire station tour. To see pictures go to Becky's blog. Thanks Becky and Kevin for arranging this. The girls loved it. Then they spent the afternoon swimming. Mom and I got home around 9 and we were exhausted. I believe the person who made up the quote: "Shop till you drop" first followed my mother around a mall. That woman doesn't stop- which is what makes it so fun!

Sunday Scott and Josh went fishing....and I went to Hannah's church with the girls where I met Jen! I had never met her but have read her blog for almost a year now! Hence my title. It was very fun and I got to chat with Sam a bit too so that was great. Of course I got nothing out of the church service but hey....you can't grow spiritually every Sunday...just kidding. The girls went to the nursery but I knew Avery wouldn't be into it and apparently either are Sam and Jen and Hannah's children so we all chatted in the baby room. Well Jen was upstairs. Anyway......after that we went back to my parents for more swimming! I love to swim and I am so glad the girls do too! Then we headed over to Becky's for Roc's first Birthday party. It was lots of fun- can't believe the little guy is already one!! He is so cute. OK this post is much too long and I know most of you have given up or are just skimming it now anyway!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

mike's customer service was lacking a little when i visited him a few weeks ago. i guess the real customers were more important.

Strauss House said...

That's hilarious. I actually used to plan my outings around Nordstrom because that was the only place I felt I could nurse comfortably in "public". They have that great sitting area in the women's restroom, so I'd just go in there, we do our thing, and then go get back in the car to the next place!

Becky said...

Thanks for coming to his party and to the fire station! We had a great time.