Monday, July 28, 2008

Grandpa and Uncle Vic



The Hoefer Bed and Breakfast was very busy this weekend! Matt and Kristi left and within a couple hours Uncle Vic and Grandpa Hoefer arrived. Just for a short stay as they left early this morning. It was lots of fun to see them especially for the girlies. Aunt "Mancy" sent a bag of treats for them. Jewelry, scarves, sand dollars, and a box of envelopes. Why haven't I ever thought of giving them their own box of envelopes? One thing they love to do is make invitations and letters to pretend mail to everyone in the family. Usually they go through my card supply and take envelopes that go to my cards. Genius- Thanks Nancy!!
As you can see the girls were thrilled to dress up. And Avery took quite a liking to Uncle Vic. Even let him brush her teeth! The girls were quite entertained by his drawing also. I love how tender the Hoefer men are with little ones! Grandpa had fun talking on his cell phone. For an 80 year old he sure loves his cell phone! Stays connected to everyone! Oh and while I was snapping the picture of him I remembered something my youth pastor said about 20 years ago. "If you want to see what your husband is going to look like in 30 years look at his Dad." Hmmm.....maybe in 50 years?! Just kidding.... Oh another funny story. Scott's mom was 8 months pregnant with Scott when Vic and Nancy got married!! But as Bud pointed out..."At least Nancy wasn't". Love those Hoefers.....the best in-laws anyone could ask for....and funny too!

1 comment:

Nancy said...

Wow I can see where Scott gets his good looks. That Vic is mighty handsome...and so good with kids. In fact, I've heard he is a Baby Whisperer...Just joking, but he does have a way with children and babies, always has had. Now if he took the kids to the dentist appointment they'd be fine! I'm sorry I couldn't be there but I'm on Nana duty in Connell with Macie. Katie is gone for a week for teacher classes (cont. ed.). I'm glad the girls liked the "stuff." The pictures are darling! Love you all, "Mancy"