Thursday, November 1, 2007

My Good Deals....

So I know this is a little lame but I thought I would post about my fabulous deals at the grocery store. See one of my job titles is Purchasing Agent and I do my best to make our grocery dollar stretch as far as possible. I am a little quircky this way...I can drop $100 for a cute pair of jeans or some fun scrapbook supplies but would be sick at the thought of spending over $2 on a box of cereal.....So here is the rundown...I spent $33 today at Albertsons and saved $53! And on top of that I got two free tickets to the Bee movie...whatever that is.....Scott and I will have to have a date night and go check it out...even if it is really lame at least it is free...and we can always just pretend we are dating and make out at the movie. Just kidding....
Another great deal I got was on cereal....68 cents!!! Here is how I did it...it was on sale for $1.68 and I had a ton of $1 coupons!! The reason I had all the coupons- around 35 to be exact is because I happened to see them on the boxes of cereal at Albertsons so I went through all the boxes and pealed them off. It was very exciting.....oh the life of a stay-at-home-mother....

6 comments:

Andrea said...

I think you should start a blog series on how to save money at the grocery store. You have so much to teach the world. :)

Jen said...

Your comment about the jeans cracks me up. It reminds me of Hannah! I am a coupon saver as well but I never get things as cheap as you and your sisters. What's the secret??

Anonymous said...

yes, what is the secret? I shop at Winco, does that save me money, or is it cheeper to use coupons at Albertsons??
I love your blog Abby, keep it coming, it gives this stay-at-home mom something to laugh about!
Katie myers

Anonymous said...

I am trying to save money by using coupons, so far doing pretty good. I can't say I have gotten cereal that cheap!!

Abby said...

Well...Winco is a great place to save money and if we had one here I would definately shop there so I am sure you are saving tons of money. The thing I love about Albertsons is you can use competitors coupons. Like a couple weeks ago they had Post cereal on sale 5 for 10$ and then a free gallon of milk. Well Fred Meyer had a $4 coupon off of 4 Post Cereals...so I took it to Albertsons and got 5 Boxes of Post cereal and a gallon of milk for $6...not only that but I had Post coupons 1$ off 2 so really I only paid $4 for 5 boxes of cereal and a gallon of milk!! And if I lived in OR it would have been even better because they accept double coupons from Safeway!!!
Glad you are enjoying the blog Katie- whatis your e-mail? We miss you and I want an update on your life with three little ones!! And pictures of the baby!!

Anonymous said...

I know, I love my expensive jeans...