
So Avery's hair has always been really out of control. From the day she was born. So I decided to get her hair cut. Hailey didn't get her first cut until she was over 3! Karis was 2 but only because Hailey cut her hair first. (That was the first night I went out with friends after Avery was born. I came home and Avery was crying while Scott attempted to give her a bottle and Hailey and Karis were happily "playing" in the closet. We soon discovered piles of hair but Hailey assured us over and over that she just gave Karis a pretend hair cut. I kept explaining it wasn't pretend when the hair was actually cut- very short- like bangs spiked up from her forehead. Anyway...we quickly took her for a real haircut.)
So anyway I figured today would be very traumatic. Considering Avery screams and cries when strangers even talk to her. And when even people she knows hold her she often cries. So I came prepared with M&M's and fruit snacks. I talked to her a lot about how fun it would be. And she did great! She started to cry a little but I held her hand and fed her treats and she was fine. I am still getting used to the cut. She looks so much older and since her hair is wavy it still looks a little out of control- but at least it won't drive her nuts in her face as much. We went to see Daddy afterwards and she was so cute patting her hair and saying, "hair". She is quite proud of herself! What a big girl she is becoming!! Talking more and more and so fun and sweet!!
7 comments:
How adorable and grown up she looks! Sounds like it was not that traumatic for her or anyone else invovled. My little sweetie had such a hard time when she got her first hair cut....so much so that I ended up having to have mine cut first just to show her that it would not hurt. Oh well.....I was ready for a hair cut.
What a difference! She was already adorable but now more so. And so proud of her pretty hair. Tell her Mancy thinks her hair looks quite pretty! Love to all! Mancy
Absolutely adorable-can't wait to see it in person. Glad it went well.
C.U.T.E.!!!
I think her haircut is adorable!
I love it! It's so sweet!
how cute! well worth risking the trauma. :)
Post a Comment